The Real Challenge

As I sit here, struggling and battling with God, my iPod plays tracks on random rotation and this motivational thing catches my attention. It's the mp3 of this YouTube video called Lost but Won. And I hear this (around the 2:15 mark):

"Now that's that thing called life. Is that it is always changing. Sometimes you're up. Sometimes you're down. I can tell you that now. Be aware of that. Things are not going to work out exactly right. For a time they will...sometimes. And that's when life is just playing a game with you. I don't wanna play anymore. I don't care how good you are, I don't care how talented you are, I don't care how much you work on yourself. There are some times when things aren't gonna go right. They just are not going to go right. There are times when anything that can happen, will happen. But during those down moments, that's where the growth takes place. That's where the work is. See anybody can feel good when they have their health, their bills are paid, they have happy relationships. Anybody can be positive then. Anybody could have a larger vision then. Anybody can have faith under those kinds of circumstances. But the real challenge, the real challenge of growth - mentally, emotionally, and spiritually - comes when you get knocked down."

Thanks, God. I needed that. <3 p="">
Overall the entire mp3 is a great message to hear. It's intended to be motivational in a setting such as athletics, and the video is not impactful (in my opinion), but to listen, I have found myself feeling challenged with some of my common thought patterns. A majority of the mp3 can apply to any area of life, and there are some things that I feel as if I truly needed to hear, as if God was prompting me to re-evaluate some of my struggles. 

No comments: