Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat Saves the Day

My day was long and mentally tiring. It was great. I loved it. The conversations, the thoughts. I really had a great day. But it made me tired. So, I listened to Ingred Michaelson on the ride home. LOUD. Enough said.

When I arrived, I was greeted by a very rambunctious duo. It should have been my warning for the night.



In the next hour, I stripped my son down to his diaper because he likes to play with the chocolate syrup, started a load of laundry because his chocolate covered clothes transferred mess to my clothes when he decided to jump on me, had to deal with a million mini freakout tantrums, got my coupon binders ran over by a high chair, pulled a Suduku book out of the toilet, got headbutted in the face, had kids jumping all over me, and much more!
So, finally, I submitted to powers stronger than me and permitted the tv to turn on. Within seconds, both kids were silent, sitting on the couch, entranced by Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It was pretty awesome.



I'm not sure if I should be joyous or sad that they are so enamored by that movie... I love it. I love that they love it. They would rather watch musicals and things like that than stupid cartoons like Spongebob. But still, they do love the tv and that is kinda a bummer.

Often I wonder what other families do about tv and movie rules. Is there an amount of time set per day? How do you keep track? Is it a reward kinda thing? Hmmm....

No comments: