Re-Awakening

I want to write again. My daily life is so full of moments that I want to preserve forever and my brain is so forgetful.

Tender moments. 

Silly moments.

Funny moments.

Frustrating moments. 

Learning moments.

Spirit-filled moments.

Ironic moments.

New-experience moments.

Loving moments.

Easily-overlooked moments.

Moments which shape my heart and mold my being. I want to save them.

In recent months, I've really battled with myself and my tendency to be future-focused. I fear what I cannot predict and am worried about that which I expect to happen. I struggle to focus on now. The present.

I know there is the cheesy cliche out there on Pinterest and Facebook.


I don't tend to swoon all over these pretty images that quotes have been imprinted upon and everyone goes nuts over, but this one has stuck with me. (I know, it pains me to admit!) However, in many areas of my life, I have been convicted to live for the moment. 


How many times have I overlooked the perfect opportunity to snuggle or have a conversation because I was regretting a mistake or fretting over an upcoming event. How many missed hugs? How many kisses? How many hours of my "today" have been spent with my mind focused on a time that is either completed or not here yet. I want to savor these moments. The ones like right now, where my half naked son is anxiously waiting for lunch. These moments fill my heart with joy, rather than anxiety.

No comments: