Wedding Memories

I have a terrible memory. Seriously.

But recently, I have been working on our wedding scrapbook, hardcore. (I'm only 4 pages away from it being done. Whoo hoo!)

And, sadly, there are many things that I don't remember in detail from our big day, which was nearly six years ago. But as I look at the photos, I fall in love over and over again with my hubby. And, I am reminded of some of the small details which make up our wedding day.
  • My soon-to-be husband was late. Yes. Seriously, we has planned to have many of our individual photos taken before the ceremony, but instead, we only got to take mine. Jose was not there on time.
  • The ceremony is mostly a blur, but I do remember that quiver in Jose's voice as he began to say his vows. The quiver was holding back tears of joy.
  • The photographer was a professional, but she was just starting on her own. Her skills were...okay. However, she failed to understand the proper pronunciation of Jose's name. Instead, she continued to address him as Josie (like the girl name) through out the entire time.
  • Jose remembers the neverending demand of "kiss her" from the photographer and now points it out when looking at the photos, how all the kisses were forced and fake.
  • Our reception was to be dry, as in no alcoholic beverages. However, half of our guests failed to understand the importance of it; therefore, during most of our reception, a crowd was gathered in the parking lot drinking, including my dad and Jose's dad, and half of our groomsmen.
  • I didn't dance very much. I was super tired (being five and a half months pregnant). And Jose doesn't dance.
  • Going pee in my wedding dress (I only went pee once the entire day after getting my dress on) was crazy insane. I do believe there were half a dozen people in the bathroom with me and my dress alone filled the stall. More photos were taken of me in the bathroom than I care to know. And it was wonderful preparation for having a baby...with everyone seeing what was under my skirt.
  • Jose continues to tease me about the amount of food I consumed at our reception.
  • I have no clue what song Jose and his mom danced to. I had two father-daughter dances. My dad and I danced to Michelle by the Beatles and my stepdad and I danced to the song, "I Hope You Dance."
  • We barely speak to half the people that attended our wedding. We have grown so different since then. That's one of the reasons we have considered renewing our vows in the future.
  • A fight broke out during our reception between two of my uncles. It started with my mom saying something to a little girl about her behavior towards my neices (who were our flower girls), who's dad then got mad at my mom and started running his mouth, only to have his brother-in-law stand up for my mom. It lead to them going to the parking lot and punches being thrown. Needless to say, they were both drunk (hence the reason we didn't want alcohol at the wedding to begin with).

2 comments:

Peach said...

Crazy! LOL. We didn't want alcohol either (due to me being pregnant and under-aged) but Drummers sister brought some and most of his relative ended up getting totally wasted and ruining the wedding.

Sad how on you special day someone decided what they wanted was more important than your happiness. You look beautiful though. And congrats on getting the album (almost) done! :)

carlasue476 said...

I was underage also. Thank you for the compliments!