A Poem For The Hurting

There are a ton of people that I encounter every day, and there are so many of my friends and acquaintances that I really hurting with things right now, so today, I stumbled across this poem in my files. I don't remember when it was written (probably high school) nor what inspired it, but it seemed too perfect...so here ya to. This is for those of you in my life who are suffering:

Don’t cry my friend
For as your tears fall
You’re raining on ants
Who try to stand tall
Those little ants
Are the tiniest things
Yet when you cry
They feel your rain
Don’t worry my friend
For God holds you near
You may not know it
But He counts every tear
He spreads out His arms
And rocks you to sleep
It’s easy to cry
It’s okay to weep
But remember the Truth
That God holds you close
And never forget
That He loves you most
If it happened to me
I would cry too
But my task now is comfort
To help you get through
So dear friend,
All I will say
Is that I’m here for you
Forever and a day



2 comments:

Jamie Pike said...

That's wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Carla....this is beautiful :) Thanks for sharing. You are such a wonderful soul. I appreciate your blogging. I never know if I'm gonna laugh or cry but it the end you touch my heart!