Quick Update For Those Who Are Wondering.

Baby Joshua
  • Viewing is today from 6 to 8 PM. See Jill's Blog for details.
  • Funeral will be tomorrow at 11 AM. Again, refer to her blog.
  • A monetary fund has been set up at the funeral home for donations. They are requesting donations rather than flowers. More info is also on her blog.
  • Another friend, Molly, and I are coordinating frozen meals for them over the next few weeks.
  • As of now, the ridiculous anti-circ hateful comments have died down. Rumors have placed them at the funeral doing a protest, but they have said that they will not.
My Dad
  • Had court on Monday but they told him they'd wait until Thursday.
  • Had court yesterday. I'm not really sure what ensued. He was arrested again, but was given bail again so he's out now. Waiting for more court date stuff, I presume.
  • It's going to most likely be a felony charge with the DUI junk.
  • He is convinced he will just have house arrest again. The rest of us aren't so positive.
  • He's taken an FMLA thus far this week. Says he's depressed.
  • I've kinda stopped caring.
Other Stuff
  • With all the insanity of this week, I've not gotten much work done. We did however learn that we've recieved the grant for the fatherhood programming for the next year. So, I have retained my job, well two-thirds of it at least. The other one-third hasn't gone anywhere.
  • My children have become insane this week. They feed off of my stress, I'm sure. I find myself so frustrated, yet wanting to love them more and more.
  • Jose's been working his butt off in our basement. It's looking fabulous. I can't wait for it to get to the painting point! The mural is going to ROCK!
  • My house is clean. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's getting there and staying there for the most part. The kids and I cleaned up while Jose was off trying to find my dad after his release from jail last night.
  • I have realized that I have the strongest rocks to lean on. Between my phenomenal husband and my amazing friends, I have managed to stay afloat with everything.
  • Yesterday, I witnessed a car accident. I was standing at the corner waiting to walk across and a car ran the red light and KABLAM! just feet in front of me. It was an interesting thing. Very interesting. No one was hurt, thank God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Carla - I am amazed by your strengh and what all you do for others. Others (including me) are blessed to have you a part of their life

mark neff said...

Thank you for the update. I also agree with Jill. It soon will be water under the bridge. Soon you will be able to spend quality time with your family and close friends. Hang in there kiddo....