A Day in the Life...of Me.

This morning, as usual, the kids were up before the sun. Nothing new there. And, as usual, the kids had a good number of squabbles, arguements, and screming fits. Teo bit Isa, hit Isa, and I'm sure that if he was able to tattle too, we would hear what she did to him. At one point, she came into the room to tell us that Teo had dumped the cereal on the kitchen floor and we figured it couldn't be that bad because every morning, she pours a bowl of cereal. However, once we got up and around for the day, and stepped into the kitchen, we realized that it wasn't a bowl that he dumped out. It was an entire container of Fruity Pebbles, at least a box worth. And it was all over the floor, every inch of the kitchen tile was covered.


So, of course, we cleaned it up. Then, I clipped coupons for our trip to the store really quick and we headed out for breakfast.

At the restaurant, we had amazing food, but recieved not so amazing backtalk from my daughter. I was planning to go to the O.W.L. meeting with my ladies, but decided against it in fear that my hubby would go insane if left on his own with both of our kids today. After a small blowout or two as we finished eating and paying at the restaurant, we headed to Meijer.

Our shopping trip went well enough for our first coupon adventure in a long time. In all honesty, with our stockpile, we haven't really done much grocery shopping at all in the past month, aside from the staples and fresh foods. The carts filled up slowly and we headed to check out. Jose went in one aisle with his cart and I went into the other with mine. My cashier was amazing, fast, and awesome. When I was done, I let Isa go ride the penny pony and saw Jose still checking out. He looked furious. He was furious.

When we got home, he told me that the cashier was rude and wouldn't take half of his coupons for no good reason. She even went so far as to lean over and speak to the person in line behind him as he was loading the cart. He overheard her say something snippy about not understanding why people would use coupons when they are on EBT (food stamps) anyways.


So, he went back to face her and pay, paid in cash and said loudly, "I'm not on food stamps," before walking away. The only thing she had to base her opinion on was his appearance, and my husband does not dress down (like I do often!).

Either way, he calmed down, and we made leftovers for lunch as I cleaned out the refridgerator to make room for our food. We ate and then left the kids to watch a movie while we cut some fresh fruit to keep at hand in the fridge. All went well enough. I cut the entire watermelon and Jose packed it into a couple containers, eating it as he went along. Isa was assisting with the eating process. Both of them jokingly told me a few different times to not cut my fingers off. "Of course not," I replied.

Then, I began to cut the melon, but before I could get the first piece cut apart, the knife slipped, causing me to knick the back of my ring finger and slice down the flesh of my thumb. I dropped the knife, laughing at the irony, and turned to run the faucet over the blood. I told Jose to get me two bandaids and Isa, once realizing what happened, began her crazy dramatics of running in circles and screaming.


We got me bandaged up and it's no big deal, but afterwards, Jose turned to me and called me crazy, because it caused me to laugh and all he could do was not freak out with seeing a flap of my thumb hanging there. I pretty much cut it from the top of my nail to the base of my nail...fortunately, with pressure, the skin went back into place and the bleeding stopped.

So, now, we are having quiet time, which is good because I needed a break from all the excitement...and the day isn't even over yet!

[Edit:

After typing the above post, Isa came down from her "quiet time" and I decided to lie on the couch with her and snuggle. The snuggles were short lived as she soon hopped up, wanting to color, so I decided to treat myself to a nap, as she could entertain herself and Teo was upstairs napping, and Jose was too, as was evident from the snoring that vibrated through the living room ceiling, right about where he would be lying should he fall asleep on Teo's floor.

Basically, as soon as I started to fall asleep, screaming begin as Teo woke up and then before I could fall back asleep, Jose and Teo were in the living room with us. Teo wanted snuggles, so I agreed. Again, short lived, but perfect timing because my mom called to say that she was taking my niece to a store really quick and would be at my house to get my kids. We quickly made them chicken nuggets and gave them some string cheese for dinner, and packed them up to go.

As soon as they were out the door, we decided to treat ourselves to a dinner out. Jose chose the Chinese buffet, not my favorite, but it was quite good tonight. We ate and then returned home to decide what to do.

We decided (Well, Jose decided and I agreed kinda) to work on the house. On New Years Eve, Jose began the project of stripping all the paint and sanding the trim in the dining room. This includes two door frames and a wall to wall built in shelf that stretches floor to ceiling. When we moved in, the trim was a light pink color (yes, you read that right) and in our rush to make our house livable, we painted it dark brown. After three or so years here, however, life has taken its toll and there were knicks everywhere that has pink showing through the brown (this is an occurance in our living room as well, which I'm afraid may be next). I agreed that it was a good project to do, at the time, but now, I am just ready for it to be done. There is plastic draped everywhere, including hanging in the doorway and from the ceiling where the living room and dining room connect.

So, I agreed to help. He showed me how to use the heat gun and the five-in-one (scraper thingie) to remove the paint from the baseboards. Easy enough. I did about four feet worth while he used the sander, then I asked him to trade. My thumb hurt from holding the scraper. So, we switched and I sanded while he scraped. My arm jiggled and jiggled, but after quite awhile, I was ready to have the feeling back, so I asked to switch back. I began to melt and scrape again. Then, I bumped my scraping hand against the heat gun. And watched as a nice pink spot appeared on my skin. But, I continued to work. After a minute or two, the pain really got to me, so I got the aloe and applied it to the burn. Just my luck, eh?

Soon after, I begged Jose to stop working for the night so we could hang out and watch a movie, which is what we are doing now. Thank goodness today is nearly over and there is limited time for things to go wrong...lol!

:End Edit]

No comments: