Jose's Awesome Cheesepie

[A word from your sponsor. Jose and I got into an arguement about the internet. He said facebooking and blogging was stupid, blah blah blah. So, I told him I was going to make him blog. Then I told him to tell me how to make his cheesecake that we took to a small lunch party today. I added my commentaries, but otherwise, it's all him. And we took a photo of the last piece, which is now partially in his belly. He just stated, "Honey, I cannot be a chef...I will be FAT." Yea. Now he knows why I have continually gained weight since marrying him...So, let's try to make it official: Jose blog Sunday. Here's blog one.]


8 oz. block of cream cheese (originally, he said one block, so I wrote one block. Then Jose decided it should be clarified...so 8 oz.)
15-25 chocolate or white creme filled chocolate cookies (like Oreos) - Jose used the Walmart brand with the chocolate filling.
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter (this is the ingredient that you need the most. It's also the one that sent Jose to Walmart at 11:30 PM last night.)
6-8 peanut butter cups (to your standards. My standards would be like 25 Reese's peanut butter cups.)
1 box of chocolate/fudge pudding mix (I'm not sure if you use chocolate or fudge or if there's a difference. Jose confused me.)
1 canister of Cool Whip (or generic version works too. I just can't think of what it's called generically..."whipped topping"?)

Part 1. For the crust, crumble all the cookies. Then you pour the melted butter over it and kinda pat it flat to make a crust. (See, this is why Jose cooks. I would just thrown down some cookies. He used butter like a pro!)

Part 2. Get a medium bowl and soften the cream cheese. Fold in the peanut butter. Then fold in the sugar. Mix in 1/2 the canister of Cool Whip. Then pour into the crust and smooth it out. Chop up the peanut butter cups and sprinkle over the cream cheese mix. (Note: I don't think it really matters which order this is done in. Jose kinda kept going back and saying, "Oh yea, that needed mixed in too." So, have at it. And if the Cool Whip comes before the peanut butter, it's cool.)

Part 3. Reuse medium bowl. Rinse it out or not, your choice. Make the pudding according to the directions on the box. (Sadly, as Jose said this, I thought, "Man, I don't even know how to do that. I woulda used pudding from the cups!) Fold in the other half of the Cool Whip. Pour that over the cream cheese mixture and the peanut butter cups.

Part 4. To make it look pretty, you can sprinkle more chopped up peanut butter cups or the cookies without the filling. (Jose's word for word was, "Take the cookies apart and take out the filling. Lick it out or whatever. Then crumble the cookies." I busted him out and he was like, "No, no, I didn't DO that. I was just saying!" Bahahaha!) He then added that you should melt a chocolate bar and drizzle it over the top. He admitted that we cheaped out and used chocolate syrup.

[Additional word from your sponsor. Jose informed me as I was uploading the photo that he already has an idea for the next one: cheesecake AND blog, that is. Geesh. He also informed me that it wasn't really a cheesecake...more like a pie. So, hence the title.]

1 comment:

nabrissa said...

lol...like...