My Eyeballs!

Earlier this week, I recieved a solemn phone call from my optomitrist office. The woman spoke with such seriousness in her tone, that for a brief moment, I was afraid that my eyeballs were going to fall out or someting.

"I am so sorry to call you, Mrs. ******," she said, "but Dr. ****** has asked me to contact you regarding your appointment that you had in September." She hesitated.

Oh no, this is it, I thought, possibly being a little dramatic, something is horribly wrong. Then the logical Carla kicked in. What could possibly be wrong? They don't do lab work or anything that gets sent away, so if there was a problem, they would have known at my appointment.

She went on. "I hate to do this, but would it be possible for you to come in again, at your convenience, whenever you can fit it into your schedule for about ten minutes? Something happened and we cannot find the records of your past visit."

Whew, I get to keep my eyeballs!

I arranged to come first thing today, and told her it wasn't a big deal. I still believe that when I had my appointment there, my bad luck of the day is the cause of their computers crashing and hence, losing my file. So, it wasn't an issue. Plus, the office is probably a five minute walk from my house.

This morning, I got Isa on the bus and everything and went, full out in my stay-at-home/work-at-home uniform (sweats, a hoodie, and a hat) to the eye doctors.

My doc gave me a sheepish grin when I walked in and whisked me back to the exam room. She opened my file and handed me a gift card to Starbucks for the inconvenience. I told her it really wasn't an issue and that the gift card was much appreciated, but was not necessary. She quickly went through the normal exam. Read this line, cover this eye, look at this, better or worse, better or worse, and then...the pressure drops. Ugh, I hate those things. I laughingly told her that THOSE were the reason she felt she needed to give me a gift card, so she could put those drops into my eyes that somehow expand into invisible bricks, putting pressure onto them and making them feel like they are going to pop out of my ears.

But I survived, and it was very quick. I adore the doctor and the entire crew there at the office. I will refer people there forever, and I loved them with or without a gift card (although it was super sweet!

And wouldn't ya know, my eyes are the same from my last visit! ;)

No comments: