Don't tell my legs, my achy breaky legs...

...that, deep down, secretly, I enjoyed the run that I took this morning with Merri and Jason. It wasn't much, but was killer to me. One way, I'm estimating between half a mile to a full mile. That means going and coming back we ran (I cheated and did some walking, but not much) between a mile or two. Wow. Ugh. I haven't ran like that since college, so over five years...I know I'm going to feel it in the morning. Ha! But, if possible, I will do it again next week. Maybe even twice. Lol. Here I am, overweight and a smoker, trying to run. I continuously told Merri that I A) was going to die and B) hated her. Obviously I didn't die and really, I love her. It was the burning in my legs talking, I swear.

After that, we went swimming. It was an awesome way to cool off and, although I didn't do much like laps, it was fun to have all the kids in there, splashing and playing away. Then, did a lot of just hanging around while Jason had a dentist appointment. Ate lunch, put the little ones down for nap (Teo sleeps in Thadius' big boy bed when he needs a nap there; it's so cute!) and once Jason got back, we went to the zoo for another hour or so of walking.

In all honesty, the part that was the worst was the sweltering heat. When I called time and temp around five, it was 91 degrees out. Uck.

Now, we are just hanging out in the storm. Jose's watching some Asian man cooking on PBS and Teo is in bed. Isa's spending the night at her friend Nessa's house.

Here is the day in pics:

This is how I found Teo this morning. Sometime in the middle of the night, he removed his diaper and then went back to sleep in the nude. It's cute now, but I hope he doesn't continue this into his teens. Haha!

Isa and Thadius at the zoo. :)

Teo at the zoo, up close and personal with the donkey. It was cool until the donkey started gnawing on our stroller. Bad donkey. Strollers are not food.

I was watching Teo as he got a cookie box off the table, got a cookie out, and then sat down at the table alone just like a big boy. He looks so tiny though, sitting there eating his cookie. I think this may easily be one of my favorite pix.

Jose, Teo and I went to Golden Corral for dinner after Isa went to a sleepover at Nessa's house. The first picture is classic Teo face. I love it. This is his "baby bird mouth" that I adore. He makes it when he's waiting for you to feed him. So cute. The second pic is just tired baby boy leaning on daddy's arm while eating. Sometimes, it's such a rough life...

And that is all. Good night world. Hope your weekend is stellar! :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Love the sleeping in the nude photo! HA! And that cookie photo is WONDERFUL!