How You Know When You Are Frugal.

So, I am in Indianapolis for a conference. It was paid for by our grant funders, who are also hosting the 2-day conference. I have been able to look at it like a mini-vacation that I'm not paying for. The room has been paid for. The conference has been paid for (and yes, I am dorky enough to enjoy the sessions and presentations). The meals will be reimbursed. It's perfect! I didn't even drive here, because one of my besties was sent to the same conference by her job too and gets mileage reimbursement, so we just carpooled.

The hotel is definately a top-of-the-line kinda place.

My dream vacation was interrupted when I decided I wanted a "dessert"...there is a Snickers bar staring me down from the mini bar.

But I refuse to pay $5.50 for two candy bars. So, we decide to trek to find a snack machine. We look on my floor, but the ice machine room is under construction so there's a sign on the door indicating to go up or down one floor. So, we go up one floor. There's an ice machine but no snack machine. So, we go into my friend, Jamie's room to call the front desk. I ask where the nearest snack machine is. She says that they don't have any snack machines, but that the gift shop is open still. So, after putting shoes on (I had on slippers), we went to find the gift shop in hopes of finding something reasonably priced considering our location. There a candy bar was about $2.50 each. I guess it was cheaper. I just can't justify spending the money.

To further put it into perspective, there's a bottle of water next to the tv that costs $4.00!

I am so frugal....

1 comment:

Diane said...

I am visiting from the blog frog and enjoying your blog. I would've done the same thing. Outrageous! and I think over 50 cents is to much! Yikes!